Information Commuication Technology (ICT) capabilities
At Brookfield State School, we are committed to:
- providing students with digitally rich 21st century learning environments that allow them to inquire, analyse, communicate and create within a personalised learning program.
- providing best practice teaching that enables, enhances and transforms student learning and outcomes through Information and communications technology (ICT).
Computers and devices are used to support and enhance classroom teaching and learning including:
- iPads and laptops available in classrooms
- interactive whiteboards in all classrooms to enhance curriculum delivery and engagement for students
- a permanent laptop lab in the Resource Centre enables whole class lessons
- Year 3 to 6 students are invited to Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- school-wide wireless connectivity
The Teacher Librarian works closely with class teachers to develop students' ICT capabilities and a STEM Mentor supports class teachers to implement the Australian Curriculum: Technologies and organises STEM related extra-curricular activities such as coding and robotics clubs.