Students are offered an outstanding classroom and extra-curricular physical education program, including:
- A major inter-house sporting event held each term
- District, Regional and State representation trials for a range of sports
- Run Training for general fitness and preparation for cross-country and athletics
- Queensland All Schools Primary Cross Country Championship
- Tennis lessons conducted by the Brookfield Tennis Centre
- Sporting Schools grants
Any student interested in attending a district trial must first be nominated by their school to attend a district trial. Please go to your school sports coordinator Mr Kieron Skehan or HPE teacher Mrs Libby Wark and they will be able to provide you with the required district trial information and forms. 2023 District Trial Dates.pdf
There are 27 affiliated schools in the Northern Eagles District (10 – 19 Years) plus several non-affiliated schools. Students are able to trial to be selected in a district team. The selected District team will then trial at the Regional level – Metropolitan West. Ages for students are determined by the age they have turned by December 31 each year.
Please note that some sports are limited to a maximum number of nominations per school. Therefore it may be necessary to conduct a trial at school to select students to attend the district trial.
A student who is selected in a district team will have further paper work to complete to attend the Regional Trial.
Brookfield State School is an official partner school with Tennis Australia, delivering the ANZ Hot Shots Tennis program as part of our Health and Physical Education curriculum. We are supported in this program by Brookfield Tennis Centre.
Brookfield Tennis Centre runs coaching programs at our school courts before school, during 1st break and after school, Monday to Friday. All before and after school lessons are arranged directly with the Brookfield Tennis Centre.
As a result of these partnerships we are very proud of our recent achievements.
- 2018 & 2017 winner - Brisbane International Inter Schools Challenge Orange Ball Championships
- 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014 winner - QLD State Red Ball Championships
- 2016 winner - QLD Tennis Award for Most Outstanding School
- 2016 top 3 finalist - Tennis Australia's National award for Most Outstanding School
- 2016 winner - Brisbane International Inter Schools Challenge - Orange Ball MetWest Region
- 2016, 2015 & 2014 Champion School - Western Suburbs Inter-Schools Tennis Challenge
More information about the school coaching programs can be found on the Brookfield Tennis Centre website.