Students are offered an outstanding classroom and extra-curricular physical education program, including:
- A major inter-house sporting event held each term
- District, Regional and State representation trials for a range of sports
- Year 5-6 interschool sport competition
- Run Training for general fitness and preparation for cross-country and athletics
- Queensland All Schools Primary Cross Country Championship
- Tennis lessons conducted by the Brookfield Tennis Centre
- Sporting Schools grants
Students in Years 5 and 6 participate in a variety of Interschool sports on Friday afternoons for a period of 5 weeks in both Semester 1 and Semester 2. This provides students with a great opportunity to compete against other local schools in a range of sports. Our students travel to various venues in the Western suburbs to play against other schools in the district.
In Semester 1 students trial for a position in the touch football, football and netball teams.
Students are encouraged to wear their Friday sports uniform and may need to bring other equipment specific to the sport (e.g. shin pads and boots for football). Students will need to check with their coach for this information.
Students will need a hat and a filled water bottle every week. As the bus departs from Brookfield at 11am, it is recommended that students bring a packed lunch rather than ordering from the tuckshop on these days.
Brookfield State School is an official partner school with Tennis Australia, delivering the ANZ Hot Shots Tennis program as part of our Health and Physical Education curriculum. We are supported in this program by Brookfield Tennis Centre.
Brookfield Tennis Centre runs coaching programs at our school courts before school, during 1st break and after school, Monday to Friday. All before and after school lessons are arranged directly with the Brookfield Tennis Centre.
As a result of these partnerships we are very proud of our recent achievements.
- 2018 & 2017 winner - Brisbane International Inter Schools Challenge Orange Ball Championships
- 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014 winner - QLD State Red Ball Championships
- 2016 winner - QLD Tennis Award for Most Outstanding School
- 2016 top 3 finalist - Tennis Australia's National award for Most Outstanding School
- 2016 winner - Brisbane International Inter Schools Challenge - Orange Ball MetWest Region
- 2016, 2015 & 2014 Champion School - Western Suburbs Inter-Schools Tennis Challenge
More information about the school coaching programs can be found on the Brookfield Tennis Centre website.