The P–12 curriculum, assessment and reporting framework specifies the curriculum, assessment and reporting requirements for all Queensland state schools’ principals and staff delivering the curriculum from Prep to Year 12.
All eight learning areas of the Australian Curriculum are taught:
- Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS)
- The Arts
- Health and Physical Education
Along with seven general capabilities:
- ICT Capability
- Critical and Creative Thinking
- Personal and Social Capability
- Intercultural Understanding
- Ethical Understanding
And three cross-curriculum priorities:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures
- Asia and Australia's engagement with Asia
Further information on school implementation of the framework is available on the Queensland Department of Education website.