From 20 April 2020, Queensland students have moved to a home-based learning model for the first five weeks of Term 2 to prevent the spread of coronavirus. During this period all students who are able to learn from home should do so.
We are all transitioning to this new environment and it will take time to set up, try, adjust and develop. Please keep in contact as needed.
Please contact your child’s class teacher or one of the following support people for assistance:
- ICT-related support - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students with learning difficulties and students requiring extension – Sarah O’Donoghue email@example.com (and Mrs Anna Vella firstname.lastname@example.org on Thursdays)
- Students with disabilities – Mr Grant Stephens, Inclusion Teacher email@example.com
- Complex cases and mental health concerns – Mrs Melinda Cosgrove, Guidance Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrative matters – 3374 7333 or email@example.com
For unresolved, ongoing or more complex matters, please contact our Deputy Principal Mrs Leah Cathcart (Prep-Year 3 classes) or our Principal Mrs Cate Whiting (Year 4-6 classes).
We recognise that most parents are not teachers and are still working and so we are endeavouring to provide learning that is:
- straightforward for students to access, knowing that students will need to be taught how to access learning in a different environment from a classroom
- age appropriate
- at an instructional level with a little bit of challenge if supported by a teaching video or similar
- at an independent level if students are completing tasks
- high-quality online and offline, using existing and new resources
This is a flexible program for learning to cater for families’ needs. It does not need to be completed in a particular order or at certain times with the exception of scheduled daily Zoom class check-ins (these are optional). Example Flexible Timetable
Zoom Class Check-In Times
9am PA, PB, PC
9:30am 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D
10am 2A, 5A
10:30am 2B, 5B
11:45am 2C, 5/6, 3s of 3/4
12:15pm 3A, 6A
12:45pm 3B, 6B
1:45pm 3C, 4A
2:15pm 4s of 3/4, 4B
School devices will be loaned once we know numbers needed at school next week. We hope to initially be able to loan one device per family. iPads will be loaned for Prep to Year 2 students and laptops for Years 3-6 students with families with students across Prep to Year 6 loaned a laptop.
USBs and collection of materials
Please liaise with your child’s class teacher about swapping USBs if your internet connection is inadequate. OneNote Notebooks can be synced at home during non-peak internet times.
Learning materials may need to be collected over the coming weeks. Teachers will advise of when and where this will take place.
Please continue to maintain the social distancing practices when collecting items.
Health and Safety
To support our response to the coronavirus pandemic, health and safety measures will remain in place, including:
- Unwell students and adults are not to attend school
- Phone and email when possible rather than coming in to school
- Restricted numbers of students in rooms
- Maintain a social distance of 1.5m as much as possible
- Sneeze/Cough etiquette - cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow; dispose of tissues in the bin immediately
Thank you for your ongoing support and the important efforts you are making to stop the spread of coronavirus and keep your children safe and well.